Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Friday, August 19, 2005

"Something changed!"

I missed the DFW metroplex.
I grew up in Allen, went to school at Abilene Christian, then Lubbock Christian, and returned to the metroplex.
I'm tired of the DFW metroplex.
Suddenly, I am not content with my great camera phone, I want one with PDA capability. The intriguing invitation to join a country club at the pastoral monthly rate is awfully appealing to me. It's not safe to drive a motorcycle here, so I will just get a convertible. Nose-bleed at Ranger's games were exciting for about an inning. Yet I had missed baseball, living in Abilene and Lubbock. I mean real baseball. The pros.
Now I am back and am not content with the Texas Rangers. Sure they are cruising downhill at speeds that Picabo Street would envy, but have I lost my passion for baseball?!?
No way. I have loved the sport too long to let it all go on a talented team suffering a lacking front office. So here I am again, looking for something better. The St. Louis Cardinals just happen to be my second-favorite team, and oddly-enough, they are in first place.
Steroids has done nothing to hurt how I feel about baseball. I hold true that steroids can't give anybody a swing as pretty as Griffey Jr.'s or a change-up like Santana. Talent will shine through, always.
Except here in Texas.
I am still looking for something better. I can guarantee you I would not be looking for PDAs, country clubs or convertibles in Lubbock, but this is DFW.
I wonder how I would look in "Cardinal Red"... (we'll find out Sept. 6!)
M@

5 Comments:

Blogger Hoots Musings said...

Matt McBryde!
Jessica Hoover Myatt is my daughter, and I would love to email your mom.

Holler at me. I knew you would be a youth minister or involved in ministry. I am in Midland now.

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Matt McBryde said...

Hey!

Great to hear from you!
My mom would love the email!
Here is her email address:
mcbryde2004@yahoo.com
Post another comment if for some reason that doesn't work!
Thanks for sayin hello!
M@

10:39 PM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

Matt stinkin' McBryde!!! I haven't talked to you in forever!! How are things going? That is SO exciting that you got a youth ministry job-I hope that is going well. I actually work at ACU now and I am LOVING it-while I continue to work on the never ending degree: Master of Divinity!!

Anyway, I found your link on Mike's blog and thought I would stop over to say hello. I am actually about to leave to go to Lubbock-man, I miss it there!!! I don't think I could ever live in the DFW area again.

Anyway, when you get a chance-stop on by and day hello!! God bless~

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Matt McBryde said...

You had blogs...?

HAHAHAHA, awesome!

M@

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

Seen the light-psh...ha ha, ok- you're right! I am glad things are going so well for you. A great man named Joel is joining your staff-that is awesome, I know you all will be blessed by him.

If you are ever in Abilene, stop by and say hello!! Blessings on you, your wife, and your ministry~

6:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home