Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rain, rain, go away!!




Monday morning around 1:30am, I am lying on the living room floor with my dog, Skeet, watching a tivo-ed episode of my favorite TV show, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. It has been raining uncharacteristically hard for the last 30 minutes.

About 15 minutes later, there is a lot bang outside and the power goes off. I hear a siren (not police or fire truck) blaring in the background. So, I did what any intelligent human would do in that situation, I put on pants, strapped on my headlamp and my 9mm and went outside to face whatever it was that could cause such a huge explosion.

In the background, I hear the faint scream of the severe weather siren warning us to take shelter immediately.

I also hear the sound of a rushing river. We don't live near any rivers, so I assume that nearby Highway 114 is just unusually busy; at two in the morning.

I look to the west of our house and what I see can only be explained by these pictures.





We are okay, our house didn't take any water damage. We were without power for a whole 12 hours (!) but our outlook has been drastically changed. I have never personally seen anything like what happened in our quiet little town. The Katrina disaster stings a little bit more to me. I found it awfully hard to fall asleep that night.

Here are some pictures of a local baseball field and what we saw when we woke up.








M@

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

Amazing photos. I haven't seen it yet. That must have been very scary!

1:29 PM

 
Blogger Matt McBryde said...

Felicia's Blog cfcwoods.blogspot.com

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home