Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bowling for Staff

The Lake Cities Church of Christ had a staff meeting today...
I know what you ministers and elders out there are thinking...
... you poor soul.
Quite the opposite. Today, our meeting was held off of 114 and 121 near DFW Airport.
Main Event.
Yes, that's right, we went bowling.

In the short few months that I have been on staff as a youth minister, I have looked back to reference my academic learning from ACU and LCU. I always wonder about if this is how things are supposed to be, ya know all of the case studies we did. I know that I am still in a bit of the "honeymoon" phase of my ministry, but I would have thought by now, I would have had a battle with an elder, mediated with a parent, and already begun to dread our staff meetings. Instead, we had burgers and pizza, prayed for our food and for me to pick up my spare, right there at the bowling alley. We had a time of fellowship and hanging out as a staff away from the building. What a blessing this has become!! How great it is to build friendships with those whom you will be doing battle with! Here are some of the highlights from our time together:

Stephen Bailey (Associate Minister): 155 final score (Game 1)
Joel Quile (Senior Minister): 25.29 mph (current land-speed record)
Karen Black (Administrator): found a job for her son
Matt McBryde (Youth Minister): n/a
In Him,
M@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home