Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Murcie Me!


I have it back. My day. My birthday. Today is my day, today is my birthday. Today is the day that people go out of their way to make me feel special by acknowledging my day rather than to lament upon remembering what else happened on 9/11. Do I feel terrible about about what happened 6 years ago today, yes I do. But today, September 11, 2007, is my day. Today is my birthday. And for the first time is 6 years, today was my day.


Today was one of those days that I will never forget. The bar has been raised and may never be surpassed in one area, I will explain shortly. Kyla and I spent a considerable amount of time with a family that we have come to know better at church, and one that we have always wanted to spend time with. I am a bit of a car fan and tonight, Kyla and the Moss family treated me by setting up an opportunity to view and interact with a car collection to rival Jay Leno. Today was one of those landmark days, not only because today I celebrate 27 years of life, but also because today I raised the bar for cars. Billy Moss took me for a ride in his black Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster. The neatest, classiest, fastest, most beautiful and profound cars ever created. Until today, I had always fancied myself a Ferrari guy. Some of my life goals had been to some day own a Corvette and drive a Ferrari!
At first, I thought it was fun to watch people turn their heads to witness every second of the car that I was in. I enjoyed the part of "playing it cool" as we sat at a stop light, knowing that people were making note of their historical viewing. "Dude, I saw a Lamborghini tonight!" Then as a camera flashed and I felt like something of a celebrity, I realized the risk that was being taking by Billy, all to make me feel special on my birthday. I asked him where he liked to take the car and he mentioned that our outing was only the third time he had taken it out since he has owned it! I was immediately humbled and intensely honored.


What a great encouragement to know that people are willing to share with others and to what extent people are capable of going to make someone feel special. I realized this about half way through our tour of North Richland Hills and suddenly I understood the risk he took in taking me out for a "spin". You see, Billy loves cars. He always has and from a little kid, he stocked his walls with hundreds of models cars on display for others to enjoy. But his deeper sense of blessing others out-weighed his love for cars. What I mean is that rather than preserve a work of art - that is the Murcielago - Billy wanted to take a chance to bless me and make my day special. He could just as well leave it in the garage so that he could admire it, or only take it out for himself and his family, but that was not the case tonight. I don't have to tell you that a Lamborghini is expensive, but if the Mona Lisa were lost, we would be more concerned with the loss of art rather than the loss of capital value.

What I mean by all of this is to say that I want you all to take a chance and bless somebody today. It maybe taking a fellow "apprecianado" for an experience in a shared interest, or just simply taking a risk by starting a conversation with a life friend or even a total stranger. Regardless, the risk is worth it. As I mentioned earlier, the bar has been raised and I believe that I will never ride in a car that will surpass my experience in a Lamborghini Murcielago. For the rest of my life, tonight may very well be the greatest car experience I will ever have, but more-so than the car, was that I spent time with 5 very special people that made my birthday very special. I got my birthday back! What if someone said that about an experience they had with you? What if someone said that a conversation they had with you changed the way the viewed life/interacted with others/blessed their marriage/changed their view of Christians and church/even lead them to God? Take a risk, go out and bless somebody. You may never know the impact you have on their life, but God will. And if your heart is right, He will bless it. Just like He blessed mine by allowing me to spend today with my wife and the Moss family. Because today is my day. Today is my birthday. Murcie me that Murcielago was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Much thanks to Kyla and the Moss family. Lots of love, Guitar Hero, Webkinz, Nerf guns and lemonade ice cream cake. Thank you once again.





















M@

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

So very cool.

6:16 PM

 
Blogger carolyn said...

What a gift!

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Amy C said...

You have to love the Moss's! What a nice gift. Sorry the date of your birthday has been scarred. Maybe you should celebrate your half birthday like my Christmastime nephew.

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Brooke said...

Thought you would enjoy this: http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autoshow/frankfurt2007/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=5421379

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home