Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

"Cat...K-A-T, I'm outta here...Ha! I know there's 2 T's!"

"Real sports for real sports fans! ESPN!"
Can anybody tell me why, there is Competitive Eating on ESPN?

Anybody?

I changed the channel after I dry-heaved watching Kobiashi stick a hotdog bun in water then cram the soggy mess down his throat! So I went to the bullpen, I turned to ESPN2...

SPELLING BEE!?!
- On a more personal note, look up comedian Brian Regan for his material over spelling bees. His CD is called Brian Regan Live!, I highly recommend it!

I don't understand why the self-proclaimed "World Wide Leader in Sports" would take the time to show competitive eating or a spelling bee on ESPN. If I have cable or satellite (either of which I will need in order to watch ESPN in the first place) I bet I could find a spelling bee on PBS and a eating contest on...oh, I dunno...say...The Food Network???

I am not a betting man, but I would go "all in" that there is a rugby game going on somewhere, possibly a lacrosse game ( I know I am a little biased)...no wait...I got it!!!

TEACH US ALL CRICKET!!!

None of us know what is going on! That would be great! That is what I want...I would rather sit on my couch watching Lee Corso or Bill Walton teach me cricket, than kneeling in front of our porcelain friend after watching a 300lb. man slurping dozens of raw oysters.

Take the time to introduce the real sports fan to a real sport. And "NO!" I wish they wouldn't show poker on ESPN. Heck, give that to MTV, I am sure they could use the credibility, plus they are probably still looking for an excuse to NOT show music videos.

I am my own SportsCenter.
"Deh-neh-neehhh...Deh-neh-neehhh!"

M@

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott McBryde said...

Large men woofing down oisters and hot dogs on a 52" is enough to make you want to re-think High Def, right?

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

It is definitely spelled KAT!! :) By the way, I met the above mentioned commenter today-aka your brother today-he is a cool dude!

Hope all is well...

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home