Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Friday, September 16, 2005

Go my favorite sports team, go!

Keller High School - 42
Denton High School - lower than that.

Man, I have really got to do something about these office hours, they're killing me! Today, I had to "work" until about 10:45 tonite; we went to a high school football game.

My beautiful wife, Kyla, and I went to the Keller High School football game tonite to cheer on one of our favorite people on Earth. One of my girls in the youth group is a member of the Spirit Crew. Not a cheerleader, the Spirit Crew. Basically, they get to dress as silly as possible (as long as it is COVERED in blue and gold), do whatever cheers or dances the Spirit (or marching band) moves them to do, and they still get sideline passes! How cool is that!?!

The hardest we cheered tonite was when she did 35 pushups in the endzone after Keller scored the extra point to take the lead, 35-12. I don't think I could do 35 pushups! When Keller scored the final touchdown after that, I think I saw the trainers run to the Spirit Crew with Gatorade in hand. One of the coaches told them all to take a knee. One of the Spirit Crew members need an IV and was care-flighted to the nearest hospital for overnight observation.

I don't really remember many of the lessons that my youth minister taught me. I do remember going to the movies, a Cowboys preseason game and his attendance at several games/band concerts (God bless you, my child...).

I wonder what the Apostles remembered....

M@

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

That's a good activity!

1:05 PM

 
Blogger *Bethanie* said...

HEY MATT!!!i got one of these cool kid things but i am learning how to do everything and plus i am not completely ungrounded from the computer so..but once i am i will add an entry to mine until then...
you are the best matt mcbryde!!!

*Love Always*
Beth-A-Bee

9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home