Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

I'm Batman!


What I am reading:
The Wastelands - The Dark Tower Book 3
- Stephen King
What I am currently listening to:
Nickleback - All The Right Reasons

So I have not yet admitted that I have a problem.
I won't admit it because I DON'T have a problem!
I can quit whenever I want! You're the one with the problem!!....
Ok well, I do have a problem.
I am addicted to DVDs.
I am addicted to buying them on the day they are released.
I have been known to conveniently be at Wal-Mart around midnight to be the first to grab a DVD.
Not just any DVD, however. I am not the type that is headfirst into the $2.99 bin looking for an old kung-fu, or western choice cut.
I just bought Batman Begins.
I have had people tell me that I look like Batman. I quickly check to make sure that I am not wearing my black tights in public (again) and think that either people think I should be wearing a mask, or I look like Christian Bale, the most recent applicant for Bruce Wayne. That's not so bad.
I want to be Batman for Halloween. Kyla won't let me buy the $1k official costume on eBay, even though I am SURE it would be a great ministry tool...somehow...maybe...
I have alway been partial to Superman, however. I can't claim Batman, that goes to my old roomie, Elijah Godfrey.
Elijah played QB for the Dumas Demons varsity squad. Legend has it that after taking a punishing blind-side blow, Godfrey awoke in a bit of a startled daze.
"Do you know where you are?!" - trainer
"On the ground." - Elijah
"How many fingers am I holding up?" - trainer
"Well, if you are like the rest of us, five, but I can't see all of 'em."
"Who are you?"
"I'm Batman."
Knowing Elijah and his witty sense of humor, this could have been a joke. But seeing Elijah in the early morning daze that I can imagine one would also suffer from a hit like that, I could see how the story could be true.
So Elijah is Batman. I will be Superman. Plus, he can fly! And if all that I have to do to conceal my identity to the world is put on a suit and glasses, I'm down. (Does anyone else think that is weird? Must not say much for Lois Lane...)

So here is the part of the show that requires audience participation...I've always wanted to say that!
Reply as a comment. This will be a fun activity. (Brian Regan fans may now begin laughing)

If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why?
-Must be already created, no making up your own...that one can be later!

This is just a fun way to see what kind of crowd gathers to read a youth ministers blog!

Love ya'll
M@

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott McBryde said...

Cyclops...and here's why. For those of you who don't know, Cyclops can shoot a beam of energy from his eyes (that is focus by a very large sport goggle like contraption)and his real name is SCOTT Summers! I had to wear glasses since kindergarden becuase I was unable to see 'Mr. K' which made it even more difficult for someone my age to spell kindergarden. While everyone else wanted to be Wolverine with those freaky claws, I knew that my coke bottle goggle lens glasses would one day harness all my energy and vanquish my enemies like my brother in name and choice of eye wear...Cyclops. If I ever get laser eye surgery, you can count on me reveling in the fact that beams of energy comming from my eye (doctor) and vanquishing my (astigmatisim) enemies!

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Matt McBryde said...

Are you still in here?!
I'm just seeing shadows and shapes!!
I figured you would be Wolverine, with your plaque and all.
You're awesome!
M@

8:21 AM

 
Blogger AAAA said...

Let me see....Superman is my all time favorite seeing that smallville is my favorite show, but you just HAD to take that from me. Spider-man would be the cool too cuz....I mean who doesn’t want to swing around the city from webs, crawl up walls, save the day and then win the girls heart over in the end? Peter Parker and Alex Wasner have alot in common! We arent the most "popular" people...who am I kidding, we are the "outcasts" of high school. I would continue, but my parents are telling me to go to bed...I will continue this 2morrow.
~Invartact~

10:48 PM

 
Blogger *Bethanie* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home