Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Passing of an icon.

On a more serious note, Rosa Parks recently passed on.
You may remember Rosa Parks as the woman that many will argue sparked the Civil Rights Movement. Her refusal to give up her seat on a segregated bus in Alabama to a white man, resurrected an entire culture and era out of fear and into action.

In my favorite class that I ever took in my prolific college career, I learned a lot about the life of Rosa Parks; her pastor Martin Luther King Jr.; and his attorney, Fred Gray.
In his book, Bus Ride to Justice, Gray outlines his battles with racism, moral issues, spirituality and hatred.
Fred Gray is a fellow member of the Church of Christ.

I highly recommend this book.
I highly recommend the course.

Much thanks to Wes Crawford for teaching me Religion in Amercian Civil Rights.
Much thanks to MLK Jr. for teaching us a non-violent reaction in the literal face of blind hatred.
Much thanks to Fred Gray for teaching me to remain commited, in his battle to "destroying everything that was segregated."
Much thanks to Rosa Parks for teaching us to stand up for ...errrrr... sit down for what we believe in.

M@

2 Comments:

Blogger AAAA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:18 PM

 
Blogger AAAA said...

Edit:
Maybe its just my own little theory, but it seems to me that famous ppl die in threes. who will be next?
Also, sorry it's taking so long to finish Da Vinci Code, I LOVE the book but I'm not very consistent at reading everyday. Sometimes I just get caught up in other things durring the day and then I'm too tired to read before bed. I want to just stay home from school one day and sit on the back porch to just read but I know thats not going to happen. Love you so much Matt!!!
~Invartact~

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home