Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Am I lazy or what?

I love Wednesday nights.
There is a time in my life where I wouldn't have made such a comment.
Even when I was working for other churches, I would sometimes dread Wednesdays.
I haven't taught Wednesday night class in about 2 months. My philosphy of ministry has been to eventually work myself out of a job. I want to build a ministry that survives with or without me. I feel like we are doing that at Lake Cities.
The youth ministry has been blessed by classes led by the youth. We have studied the Gift of God (Zeke Morgan), Stress (Alex Wasner), How We Look to God (Abbie Waldron and Karin Wasner), The Cross (Zack Morgan); we have been blessed by a worship service from Chris Black and Laura Quile.
To see the heart that my kids have for Christ is so refreshing. If you feel like you have lost the face of Christ, I recommend that you sneak into a youth service - with permission - and listen to what is on the hearts of our youth. Watch them as they share what God has done in their life. See them relay their faith even as they struggle with speaking infront of their peers.
I don't like, however, that it is November and the high was 88!
I long for those cold and rainy days where I can dress in sweats and curl up at home with my wife and watch a movie, or Sporstcenter (when she falls asleep!).
I didn't like the weather until we were outside the church building, throwing the football around for an hour after class. A cold and rainy day would have prevented us from enjoying time outside, laughing when someone dropped a pass or putting ice down the back of someone's shirt. I was sad to see my kids leave.
I love Wednesdays.
I sat on the hill behind our basketball goal and watched our kids laughing, throwing ice cubes and footballs, chasing each other...
I just sat there, enjoying it.
All of it.
Am I lazy or what?
M@

2 Comments:

Blogger *Bethanie* said...

your not lazy matt!hahaha..love ya

*Bethanie*

6:44 PM

 
Blogger AAAA said...

I wouldnt say your lazy. If anything, relaxed, but not lazy. Also, loved your song/poem at the end of your last post. "Arrests were made, you won't be missed. If you sold my iPod, I'm gon' be ....uh..... mad." LOL so funny. Love ya
~Invartact~

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home