Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Cluth Performances

This is a weekend that is marked down on most calendars of the DFW Metro"ian" sports fan.

Sunday - Kansas City Chiefs vs. Dallas Cowboys
Monday - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks

I was most fortunate to be able to attend both games, and had great seats. Both games came down to the final play, each game had a different result.

Sunday, one of my best friends from ACU, Dustin, invited me to the vital "must win" game against the tough Chiefs. Little did I know we had killer seats!

30 yard line - 17 rows behind Chiefs' bench!

Cowboys scored with 22 seconds left in the season on a play-fake from Bledsoe to Campbell. It was an awesome play because it was on the opposite side of the field, and there was no doubt he scored the touchdown. Sometimes, it is hard to tell if the touchdown is scored. He was wide open. The game came down to a Chief drive of 60 yards in 20 seconds. 65,000 people crossed themselves and prayed to Parcells. Tynes set up to attempt a 41 yard field goal to send the game into overtime...


He missed it wide right...

On the other hand, I was able to attend the Mavericks game the following night against the Lakers. Again, I had amazing company; my beautiful wife, Kyla and our friends Jeremy and Sara Beck! For those that are fellow Kobe-haters, Kobe Bryant is worth the price of admission. I still can't stand the guy, but after he hit a turn-around 3-pointer from the 4th row, I and 20,000 other fans could only gasp. The thing of it, is that Kobe pulls that stuff out all the time. Hitting jump shots that look like miracles when they hit the bottom of the net. I actually defended Bryant.

"That guy is the luckiest man alive!"

"After seeing it in person," I replied, "how many lucky shots does it take to think he may actually be that good!?"

I immediately dry-heaved and took a shower!

Oh, did I mention the reverse-layup that was an aweful lot like Dr. J?

It is funny to me how one was able to produce when the game was on the line, and how the other wasn't.

Cowboys 31 - Chiefs 28

Lakers 109 - Mavericks 106

Bledsoe for President!

M@

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Hey Matt! Wow, I'm jealous! Those seats must have been good! I am looking foward to reading up on your crazy ways. BTW, your blog title cracks me up!

12:24 PM

 
Blogger D Pitt said...

Oh yeah, well I got to watch the ACU girls team play last week!!!
Oh, and you've been tagged - see my blog

2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home