Just trying to go throuh life without looking too stupid; its not working out so well. I am still trying to figure this blog thing out. It feels weird asking people to read my thoughts. Then again, it feels weird going through all this trouble just to post them...

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snow Day!

Due to bad weather, neither Kyla nor I have to go into work tomorrow. We even cancelled church! Guess it was too cold for Jesus...

Here is my favorite memory of a snow day.

When I was a junior at ACU, I lived in a house called "The Melting Pot". The name still survives today without any of my roomates even in Abilene. We had a day of days, a snow day. I was already on campus for a test, when I heard everything else was cancelled for the rest of the day.
So I did what any other young aspiring student at a private university did; I stole a tray from the cafeteria, ducked out the back and ran like a girl. We invited around 15 people to come over and hang out which ended up being around 30 when the day was over.
This was sometime in January, and we had in our possession a coffin that was used as a prop for a haunted house. We decided the best thing to do, obviously, was take one of the lids off(the big one that covers from the shoulders and down) layer up, and tie the coffin to the back of my roommate's, Dustin, 4x4 suburban. We found a football helmet, my lacrosse helmet, and a baseball helmet, I mean we're not stupid! Dustin put the truck and gear and we were off. All you could see was a red suburban, pulling an old yellow coffin, and three heads bouncing around like bobble-head bobsledders.
We actually saw a woman, whom once she saw the coffin, make her child come inside and leave the snowman he had been working on!

College, the best six years of my life...

M@

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott McBryde said...

Do they make snow chains for dogs? I bet Skeet loves trying to chase the tennis ball with zero traction. Might want to think about padding your flense or strapping that lacrosse helmet onto your dog....which I guess would make it quite difficult to catch the ball in his mouth. Perhaps you should migrate into something like a batting helmet or an old school padded leather football helmet. But what would be the logo on his helmet? The best I could think of is the Cleveland Browns because he would totally fit into the 'dog-pound' fan section in Cleveland.
Happy Snow Day
-scott

9:03 AM

 
Blogger D Pitt said...

YEAH!
That was the best snow day ever! How on earth did we make it through college alive? Man that was a fun day though.
I had to work everyday this week, which means I hate you...In Abilene, its never too cold for Jesus!

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Hey Matt we have a ticket for you to the Mavs game tomorrow. Either email alan or call brook tomorrow.

7:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt, the guys are coming to dallas tonight for a mavs game and have an extra ticket if you want one - call alan at 806.441.6638

peace,

--brook

10:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across a really cool website displaying Jeep Wranglers with lifts, oversized tires, new custom alloy wheels and detailed to near new condition. Most of them have warranties. There is a video with an attractive young lady explaining their process. Worth checking out. Bob jones. http://funjeeps.com.

8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home